The Greater Dalton Area is a prime location for business relocation, expansion and retail development. Located conveniently on Interstate 75 and just 25 miles south of Chattanooga and 85 miles north of Atlanta, the area is within a day’s drive of half the country’s population. Known as the Carpet Capital of the World, Dalton is home to an increasing number of high-tech chemical, plastics and automotive companies. Whether you’re the CEO of a large company looking to relocate or an entrepreneur with a dream to start your own business, the Greater Dalton Area is the place for you.
Business Advantages of Dalton
- Innovation headquarters for the floor covering, chemical and plastic industries
- Over 1.3 million labor force within 60 miles
- Third largest manufacturing community per capita in Georgia
- Less than 30 miles to new Chattanooga Volkswagen plant
- Carbondale Business Park located at I-75 exit 326
- Featuring high-speed connectivity with all-fiber network
- Concentration of green technology including solar and recycling
The economic diversity and prosperity of the business community is the shared responsibility of several area organizations. The Chamber has partnered with the Dalton-Whitfield County Joint Development Authority to facilitate the creation and retention of quality jobs and capital investment. As a provider of client-based economic development services, they focus on our county’s targeted industries and communication with small business, retail, expansion and location prospects. From data gathering to incentive applications, the economic development team at the Joint Development Authority has the project management experience and the tools to help your business make the right choice – Dalton!
You can contact them by visiting www.locationdalton.com or calling +1-706-278-7373.
Economic Development Partners
The Chamber has many partners in economic development. Below are links to their web sites for more information.